Friday, May 25, 2012

Lucketts Spring Market 2012


 This past weekend I recently attended my first furniture/antiques fair provided by The Old Lucketts Store in Leesburg, VA. This is one of my favorite stores! I am able to get great pieces for little money. The Lucketts Spring Market is only once a year during the mid to end of May. What I love is it provides many vendors a chance to sell their antique and vintage items. Last year I went as a buyer and I was able to put up for sale the furniture I bought last year. It came full circle. One piece I worked especially hard on was a vanity/mirror set I had gotten at Lucketts one day for a steal!! $49!! I know can you believe it. It needed a face lift by removing the old paint, replacing the bottom of one of the drawers, needing new mirrors and a more stable way to support the mirrors. I learned so much during this project. I originally bought the vanity for me because 1) it’s beautiful and 2) it’s practical. I moved into my first house earlier this year and was disappointed that there wasn’t enough room for it, so I decided to sell it and hope someone would appreciate it as much as I do. Luckily I found that person, a super sweet girl who thought about it overnight and came back the next day to purchase it. I was thrilled that my biggest and most beautiful item found a home. It was funny to see what did sell. I had some horse shoes for $2 each, a few baskets for $2-$3 and a funny butterfly wind chime. I wish more furniture had sold but looking at other people’s booths and what people were buying it was mainly small stuff. Plus I had my mom with my both days which is always fantastic because I wasn’t alone and we entertain each other really well. She even brought a junky wooden chair and wrapped it in twine. It attracted people to my booth because they were curious as to what she was making. It’s always great for local vendors to have a place where we can all get together and create and event for people to come and enjoy. Awesome local food and a wonderful cover band who’s lead singer did a fantastic job on a couple Janis Joplin songs. I am glad I was a part of it. I don’t know if I will be again next year but we’ll see. First I need to unload what I didn’t sell. (Here’s my Segway) look to my Etsy site in the coming days for pictures and prices of the furniture. Local pick up only please. That’s the best part of working with so many different crafts and projects are the endless amount of learning that can be brought into other ideas. I am excited to get started with the next one! Stay Tuned……..


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...