Thursday, November 1, 2012

Handmade Holidays: Items for the Children's Chorus Brunch



I sent a text to my sister asking the size of the Granny square blanket I made my niece Taylor for Christmas last year.  I asked cause I needed a mindless craft project I can do in front of the T.V.  She calls me back and tells me about the Children's Chorus Brunch and the fundraiser they're doing.  My sister is assembling baskets and needing donated items to fill them with.  Needless to say I was Ecstatic!!  I love having an excuse to knit or crochet especially if I get to learn something new, work on something I am rusty at or getting to do one of those fabulous patterns I'm been dying to make.  That night I started with a beautiful set of wrist warmers.  The easiest way to make quick and easy wrist warmers is to knit a rectangle.  I know, not very exciting, BUT.......when you're stitching up the seam leave about 1.5"- 2" hole where you can stick your thumb out.  Well she only told me this about a week ago and I have completed 2 sets of wrist warmers (pictured above), flower pens, and knitted flower pins.  I wanted to donate something that was a bit more towards LeslieGallery so I am currently experimenting with pamphlet stitches and fun cardstock.  I have about a month left and the amount of quick and easy projects is endless.

If you're in the Springfield, MA area check out Children's Chorus of Springfield, December 2, 2012.  And check out my lovely sister Katie's online magazine, BYO Family for all things family fun in Springfield, MA and the surrounding area.

Happy Crafting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...