Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Craft Wednesday

Hello :) Welcome to Crafty Wednesday.

Today is how to make Starch Paste.

I use starch paste when I am making book cloth for my photo boxes. I find it's easy to make and works well. Also would be good for Paper Mache.

This recipe makes about 2.5 cups of paste

Materials:
1/4 Corn Starch
1/4 Cold Water (I'm talking straight from the fridge)
2 cups Boiling Hot Water

1. Heat up the hot water. I use a teapot on my stove. You can use a small sauce pan, just make sure it holds enough water and will get it to a good bubble.
2. Combine the equal parts Corn Starch and cold water in a tupperware container. Stir until well mixed. It may be a bit stiff. Just stir it enough to get all the lumps out.
3. When the water is at a roaring boil pour 2 cups of it in to your cold starch mix.
4. Continue to stir. You will see a reaction in about 30 seconds maybe less. It should be thick and a hazzy foggy color.
5. Let cool. I am impatient so I wait about 30min - 1hr.
Ready to Use!

This will last for up to 2 days in the fridge.

Quick, Easy and super Cheap

Happy Crafting and See You Next Week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...