Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Crafty Wednesday!

Today's Crafty Wednesday is an experience I had recently with a project.

Couples weeks ago I had talked about a knitting book called Stitch n Bitch. I was (hense was) working on the Lucky Clover Lace Wrap sweater. Wonderful lacy stitch pattern that is just oh so cute. Well I was having a hard time figuring out the directions. The pattern is 12 row long. It would say increase and decrease ever so many rows but it didn't specify if I was increasing or decreasing on the 9th row of the stitch pattern or ever 9 rows. So I looked around on the internet and came up with no answers. The one answer I found the most was "don't do this project." So i have abandoned the lace wrap and am going to move on to something else. I'm a little bummed that I didn't make it but I still have the yarn and hopefully one day I will try it again.

So let this be a lessen...If you are having problems with a project it's OK not to finish it. Set it aside...give yourself some space and maybe in the fuuture try it again. When I do a project I have a need to finsih. This time I had to tell myself it is ok to back away. I hope this helps and other crafters who run into a snag ever now and then.

Happy crafty and see you next week.

1 comment:

  1. I have this SAME project sitting in a basket in my room! It's been there for 6 years. I found some pattern corrections on the Stitch n Bitch web site, but I still haven't been able to finish the sleeves. So disappointing. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...