Monday, June 4, 2012

Product Review: Caron Simply Soft Yarn



I don’t know if I can say any more about how much I LOVE Caron’s Simply Soft Yarn. The name says it all….Soft. I have found it to be the softest acrylic yarn on the market. It’s a medium weight yarn, size 8 needles for a 4”x4” square with 18 stitches and 24 rows. For the crochet-ers an H-8 US hook is recommended. I have made this my go-to yarn for any project needing a tough, durable but lovely yarn. Some of my past projects have been potholders, blankets, scarves, bags and wrist warmers. The other plus it’s that it’s majorly affordable. AND it’s machine washable. Pop it in and it will as good as new. Looking through my local craft store flyers I found that it is one sale frequently. Carriers of Simply Soft include Michael’s Arts & Crafts, AC Moore, JoAnn Fabrics and Wal-Mart.


The color selection is amazing. They have everything from soft colors to party colors. Check out the website for their wide variety…..http://www.caron.com/color_cards/cc_simplysoft.html. Currently I am working on a granny square blanket for my niece. She out grew it and has requested I make it bigger. She went to her mom, my sister and said “Mommy, I don’t think Aunt Leslie knows I’m turning 5. The blanket is too small.” Too Cute! I am using the Party Colors Fuchsia Sparkle and Purple Sparkle, which both of us are lovin.

So the next time you want a fun and super soft yarn consider Simply Soft. I know I will.

For fun projects be sure to check out the Caron website! http://www.caron.com/free.html

Happy Crafting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...